Friday, January 30, 2009

New Favorite




So here is one of my new favorite things. It is a shampoo, body wash, and shower gel all in one. There are different scents but I like this one called amazing grace. The brand has a philosophy on the front of each bottle for the different kinds and I loved what this one said.

Philosophy: life is a classroom. we are both student and tacher. each day is a test. and each day we receive a passing of a failing grade in one paticular subject: grace is a compassion, gratitude, surrender, faith, forgiveness, good manners, reverence, and the list goes on. it's something money can't buy and credential rarely produce. being the smartest, the prettiest, the most talented, the richest, or even the poorest can't help. being a humble person can and being a helpful person can guide you through your days with grace and grattitude.

So So True. It also smells really good. Just thought I would share.




So while I am on the subjest of my faorite things I also thought that I would share this other one of my favorite things with all of you...I love to read and usual like to read anything that I can get my hands on but I will admit that church books are usually not my first pick. My mother-in-law gave this book to my husband who (of course) said that he didn't want to read it...he is not much a reader anyways but if I would pick a church book last it would be much further down the list for him. I had never heard about the book or the author but I decided to read it. It has to be one of my all time favorite books I have ever read! So last night the author came to my mom's book club meeting to talk about the book and how the story came to her...so of course I had to crash the party and go listen to her. It was so great and I have never felt the spirit more. All I will say is that I think the author is an amazing person and if anyone has the chance to read the book I would highly recommend it. It is one that I will probably read again and again!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will need to check that book out. I am not a church book fan either, but heaven knows I could use a little more of the spirit...

KinsRae said...

Send me your email again, I never got the first one... See ya soon.

Lisa said...

I will have to read that book. Our bishop 1/3 of our ward on 90 day missions, and we got a literature mission. So I will be looking for good books to read :)

Julie Laycock said...

Your blog is so cute! I hope all is well.